Monday 23 March 2009

Barcelona

Ok pop pickers (hee hee), the blog is re-born. Actually, it never died, but it has been in a coma for the last 6 months.

Barcelona it is. Only for 4 days, and my intrepid co traveller is stuck at home (you know who you are!) but the quest for discovery (internal and external) goes on. Why Barcelona? Well, it's warm for a start. Thought about where I could visit for a quick 4 day 'get away' and came up with this incredible city. There were other reasons for the choice but they shall remain between and my nearest and dearest (ooooo, the mystery!).

As I said it's a four day trip. Sounds short, and indeed it is, but then the longest myself and Neil stayed in one place on our amazing European adventure last fall was 4 days. So it's all good ya ya! I'm expecting to have similar wonderful experiences to last time. There is everything to be had in this wonderful city apparently; culture, art, history, architecture etc etc. Of course I may sample the local beverages if persuaded to do so. Be rude not to after all!!

Its two weeks to go (Sat. 4th April), so the usual few posts before I set off. God, I wish I were going for two weeks plus like last time. I think once you have that wanderlust it never leaves you does it? It's been a whacky 6 months in my world. Nothing helps you assess where you are and what you want more than some cool foreign travel.

So what will this trip bring? As long as no one gets arrested ( :-) ), there are no dodgy Aussies ( :-) ) and I meet loads of cool people and do loads of cool things I'll be a happy bunny. "Vamos, vamos"!!! (Sorry, the sum total of my Spanish has been gleaned through a brief meeting with 5 Argie girls and Dora the explorer! 'D, d, d, d, de Dora.......'

More to follow :)

2 comments:

Neil said...

Me of the stuck home persuasion is most totally, brutally, blindingly jealous. Jammy sod!

Roll on October, have money will travel!

Mouldymuffin! said...

Ha ha ha, read and weep me ol' mucker!