Sunday 14 September 2008

HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED

I finally got around to watching 'Into the wild' tonight. Wow. How profound is that movie? It's one those films that stays with you. I guess we all have our own. For me it's stuff like 12 Angry Men (the Henry Fonda original, not the terrible re-make) and Cinema Paradiso. This film will stay with me for a long while, as those two do.

My buddy had suggested I watch Into the wild before our trip. How right you were Mr Woodall. The problem is I now think we should rip up our plans and totally wing it. We could cancel the hostels...what do you think? Or maybe we do this and then plan our trip to Alaska?

The film is about so much more than travel and survival though. It's about relationships, interactions, and human fraility. It's about who we are, and why we are like that. It's also about realisation, sometimes too late, but worthwhile all the same.

Sometimes you need help to asses and address situations in life; something that helps with decisions. It could be random like something on a roadside sign or a word you hear, or a smell that reminds you of someone, or a song.....or a film. I'm glad I watched this tonight.

But the irony....

(Apologies for the dark resonance of this post - but there can't be white without black. You'll have gathered that 'Into the wild' is not a comedy lol).

3 comments:

MikeP said...

Speaking of sharing happiness, but on a different topic... beer. I knew I was not going mad and the pub without any seediness in prague is the Golden Tiger. Clips of it on YouTube and a must for any visitor. Not known either of you long, but guess you like a beer!!

Mouldymuffin! said...

lol, great effort mate. 'Golden Tiger' eh....count us in! Whoo hoo, 50p a pint (or less, yeah I know Neil!)....

Caramac said...

Wow - You are my soulmate!