Thursday 18 September 2008

If music be the food of love...

Hmmm, the music!! What SHOULD the music be?

I've got one of those old Ipods - you might remember them - they're about the size of a slim packet of chuddy (chewing gum to the uninitiated). It only holds about 120 songs so in old money that's about 10 albums. Now I have choices to make. Should I take some new stuff or old favs? There's nothing better than listening to familiar songs in unfamiliar surroundings...it kind of grounds you and reminds you of who you are in the midst of so much new-ness....if that's a word!

I'm quite into Regina Spektor at the mo (apparently pronounced 'Re-geena' but I like to rhyme it with vagina as I have the mental age of a pre pubescent 10 year old). She's awesome and very similar to the darling that is Tori (not as good tho, chuckle chuckle). There's loads of other stuff that friends have given me as well. So.....should I be hunting rabbits or settling for stuff and nonsense? God - it could be crucial!

So, it's the night before the night before!!! I have a list of things to do as long as my arm! Work is soon to be done and dusted (thank god) with just the final touches to operation Overlord to put into action. Tomorrow is going to be SUCH a busy day, but you don't get if you don't give. It's my 37th (yes, I'm that decrepit - eh Cindy!?) birthday tomorrow so after all is complete I'll have a few celebratory drinks to cheer my continued existence on this fair planet of ours...and to raise a glass to the adventure before me.

Choo choo - whoo hoooo!

Bring it on!

5 comments:

Neil said...

Love it mate, choo choo, woohoo. One day to go!!!

MikeP said...

Thought you might find this useful!! http://www.nelso.com/beer-price-map-of-prague/

Conky said...

Happy Birthday Richard...and happier travels! xo

Dalton said...

Decrepit is a strong word, I would have said 'getting on', 'not getting any younger' or perhaps 'past it' but then you are the wordsmith. I hope you both have a blast, try not to get mugged, arrested, drunk beyond oblivion, well perhaps not the last one on your budget.

Mouldymuffin! said...

I'm counting on Woodall to provide the necessary protection from the mugging, maturity to prevent arrest, and.....oh....erm. Yep, we're definately getting drunk beyond oblivion then!