Tuesday 23 September 2008

How good is Rome?

Woooooooooooooow! (That means it's a bit good).

As I've said previously to a good friend of mine, it's kinda strange being in Rome. I'm used to speaking to Americans about the UK, and they always mention how great it is that we have so much history; and that they wished they had the same. Well for the first time in my life I'm in a place that makes me laugh at the 'newness' of England. Ok, so we have history, but nothing on the scale of this place. You'll wander around a corner and...ooops, there's another 2000 year old building. The history is awe inspiring.

I had the best Spagetthi Carbonara of my life about 30 seconds walk from the Trevi fountain last night. It was about 9.30pm and we were all in tee's and shorts. Nice bottle of vino to wash it down..OMG, absolute heaven.

I'd heard that Romans are a little grumpy, but the ones we've come across (no jokes please) so far have been most accommodating (again no jokes here). The only bad thing about Rome is that everytime you try and cross the road it's like playing Russian Roulette. I think I should get a badge should I get outta this place alive.

So it's the Vatican today. How cultured am I!!!? Are you proud of me? Do you care?

Hi to Cindy, Shell, Steph, Em, Colin, Mike, Dave, Andy, Debs, Jen and anyone else who regularly reads this thing (Post to get a mention - you know who you are!). Take care and hope your lives are as enjoyable as mine is right now.

Innsbrook and a trip through the mountains tomorrow! Brrrrrrgh. Where's me jumper (washboard).

Later...x

3 comments:

Conky said...

Soak up the culture and all the vino you can!
You better be taking some fabulous photographs!
xo

Caramac said...

What about me???? - twatbag (theres culture for you!)

Mouldymuffin! said...

lol, i realised later that i'd left you off lol. AND you're my only 'follower'!!!! Eternal apologies from the eternal city. Hope youz good!