Saturday 13 September 2008

The science of the all dayer

I had a very strange experience last night. I was actually involved in a night out where I was more sober than most of the participants.

I had planned on meeting my erstwhile colleagues at around 5 o'clock (they had been out since 2.30ish) but due to circumstances beyond my control I ended up not joining them until around 7. Of course they were mostly several sheets to the wind by this point. So for the first 2 hours (until the alcohol permeated my soul) I played the newly discovered, highly entertaining, spectator sport of 'Spot the drunkard'. There are several aspects or events to this sport. Categories include:

1. Slurring words
2. Tottering and nearly (or actually) falling over
3. Telling people you love them
4. Spraying people with spit whilst saying the words 'God I'm wasted'
5. Lechery (is that a word?) - this being a personal favorite of mine.

I was just slightly disappointed that I had left my scoring cards at home. Marks are awarded for technical merit and artistic impression. So for instance, telling someone you love them with real feeling would score highly on technical merit, but doing so whilst on one knee or even better, on one knee whilst clasping their left buttock would score massively for artistic impression. Unfortunately (fortunately!) no one scored the perfect 6.0 in this category last night.

Anyhow, the night passed off without (mostly without) incident and a good time was had by all. I had stuff on my mind so the night took on a surreal form - but this made it no less enjoyable. Just as the copious amounts of drink were filtering through to my brain persuading me of the benefits of making a complete fool of myself we had to depart. Which is obviously a good thing. A quick stop off to salute the colonel (sounds rude but only involves consuming KFC) and I headed home.

Interesting night all round.

One week to go!!!! Whoo-the fuck-Hoo!

4 comments:

Neil said...

Loving the word lechery, of which Richy is a God!

Good chapter that one, always strange to spot the drunkard when your normally one of them. I should say I do it at the social, but, erm, I'm normally keeping pace with them...lol

Mouldymuffin! said...

Lechery god? Come on that's a little unfair mate. It's only women I look at!

Conky said...

well done

lech·er·y (lch-r)
n. pl. lech·er·ies
1. Excessive indulgence in sexual activity; lewdness.
2. A lecherous act.

Neil said...

I'm just saying your good at it lad.